Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thin Lizzy

Check this out: "Cowboy Song" or "Dancing in the Moonlight"

Thin Lizzy is most famous for their little song "Boys are Back in Town". Everyone knows that song, but what makes this band really cool is their background and their unique use of guitar.

I'm going to go ahead and say that many of Eric Bell's riffs are my favorite guitar riffs of all time. For real.

Aside from that, I've listened to "Cowboy Song" like a billion times (I'll double-check my iTunes and let you know just how many) and I do. not. ever. get. sick. of. that. song.

So, I was like sort of a fan because all I had on my computer was "Cowboy Song" and "Whiskey in the Jar" but then one day I set out to find out more about this amazing guitarist, and discovered that not only is Thin Lizzy an Irish band, but they had a black lead singer. There's not many bands that boast such. Phil Lynott, the lead singer, had quite the interesting chops - I recommend you check it out.

I soon discovered the video for "Dancing in the Moonlight." The dancing looks straight out of Dirty Dancing, but something about those snaps and the lyrics revolving around just how it makes Lynott feel really gets me.

They are my new "thing", and probably always will be.

Dancing in the Moonlight Vid

No comments: